Dr. Sheetal Karnik
Best Way to Contact Me: Email
What is patent agent?A patent agent is a professional registered with U.S. Patent and Trademark Office who works with clients on all aspects of patents. A patent agent practices all aspects of patent law encompassing advising and assisting inventors on patentability, drafting patent applications, filing the applications, and further work on patent prosecution. The USPTO recommends the applicants to work with patent agents or patent attorneys to address the legal complexities with patent processes.
- I have a unique skill set of having experience in various fields of biologyand chemistry. I have been trained as a scientist in biochemistry and biotechnology during my Ph.D years and have done post-doctoral research fellowship in clinical health research in endocrinology at the VA hospital. I have also worked in agricultural and food industry on research initiatives to bring healthier food products to the market. All my experiences have helped me with an in-depth understanding of each field and mastering the knowledge pertinent to each.
- I have worked with clients across various areas including, mechanical engineering patents. Being trained as a scientist, I connect well with the inventors and am in a better position to draft patents that can give maximum rights to my clients.
- Being an entrepreneur myself, I understand the challenges faced by businesses and work with my clients on advising them on their intellectual property rights and patentability options.
- I had my early education in India and have travelled before coming to the U.S. This gives me an advantage of understanding and respecting cultural differences in various countries and work with the client on patent strategies for international applications as well.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Registered Patent Agent
- Nutrient Modification of the Innate Immune Response A Novel Mechanism by Which Saturated Fatty Acids Greatly Amplify Monocyte Inflammation
- Palmitic acid induces IP-10 expression in human macrophages via NF-KB activation
- Exposure of human monocytes to elevated levels of saturated fatty acids amplifies their inflammatory response to lipopolysaccharide: Further evidence of interactions between dietary excess and the innate immune system
Arizona State University
- Ph.D. Molecular and Cellular Biology, 2005
University of Mumbai, India.
- Bachelor of Science in Education, 1996
- Master of Science in Biochemistry, 1995
- Bachelor of Science in Plant Biology, 1993
Three Things You May Not Know About Me:
- I have been trained in classical Indian dance and have been invited to perform at multiple cultural events.
- I am founder and CEO of two education companies: New Edge Science Academy L.L.C and STEMKORE L.L.C.
- I love going for walks and enjoy outdoor activities that we get to enjoy for most part of the year in Phoenix.