Ruth B. Carter
Best Way to Contact Me: Email
Admitted to Practice Law in 2011
- Trade Secrets
- IP Licensing
- Business Contracts
- Internet Law
- I have a direct and no-nonsense communication style. My goal is to make sure you fully understand the legal process, be thorough and proactive to minimize your future issues, and to keep you informed every step of the way – even when the update is that there is no update.
- I have substantial persuasive writing experience, including demand letters that evoke the fear of deities and compelling court filings.
- One focus in my practice is internet law matters, including harassment, defamation, IP infringement, and website terms of service and privacy policies that comply with GDPR, CCPA, and other applicable privacy laws.
- I care about each and every case – regardless of how big or small the case is – because it’s important to you. I respect that I am entrusted with people’s lives and livelihoods, and I do not take this responsibility lightly.
Arizona State University
- Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2011
Oregon State University
- Master of Science in Counseling, Summa Cum Laude, 2003
- Honors Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Chemistry Minor, Cum Laude, 2001
Three Things You May Not Know About Me:
- I was the first attorney in Arizona to be selected as a Legal Rebel by the American Bar Association.
- I am a classical soprano, and I’ve performed the national anthem at professional baseball, basketball, and lacrosse games.
- I’m training to compete in my first Ironman triathlon.