Richard E. Oney
Best Way to Contact Me: Email
Admitted to Practice Law in 1983
- Trade Secrets
- IP Licensing
- Business Contracts
- Internet Law
- International IP
- With more than three decades of experience, I can help you protect and enforce your intellectual property from the conception and initial development stage through commercialization of your technology and products. Most of my experience is with software, electronics, mechanical, and consumer products in a wide variety of industries.
- I can understand the structure and operation of your technology and products as well as explain legal processes - which can often be confusing to clients and non-intellectual property lawyers - in ways that are easy to understand so that you can effectively participate in your matter to achieve better business results.
- Over the years, I also have gained experience in a broad range of substantive law areas beyond intellectual property. I use this experience to think beyond the surface of your legal issue, often applying concepts from those other areas of law to your intellectual property matter.
- My goal is to be forward-looking, and not focus only on resolving your matter in the present moment, but to achieve results that will avoid or prevent additional problems for you in the future.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Arizona State University
- Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, Juris Doctorate, Cum Laude, Arizona State Law Journal Editor, 1983
University of Nebraska
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering with High Distinction, 1976
Three Things You May Not Know About Me:
- In 2011, I obtained one of the ten highest jury awards in the state of Arizona, in a case involving breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- I have received Martindale Hubbell’s AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating, the highest peer rating from that company, which has published lawyer ratings for over a century. According to Martindale-Hubbell, only about 10% of all attorneys have received the AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating.
- I have two young grandchildren, and they call me “Pop Pop.”